Monday, May 4, 2009

Extreme Lemon Sugar cookies

A LONG time ago, when I was single, I met this cute young lady at my single's ward. We got along great and had a lot of really great discussions and life lessons we learned together. After she got married and I got married, she moved around a lot and we lost touch. I wondered what happened to my friend Micki, until I read is the paper about her awesome website and cookbook...oliveoildesserts.com. I contacted Micki and we recently met at a Home Show where I purchased her cook book. I am always a sucker for a good cookbook (which I have been known to read like novels).
I wanted to make a cookie that was "better for you" and contained no chocolate. I tried Micki's Extreme Lemon Sugar cookies and Looooooooooooove them. I love lemon and I love cookies,
and these were not disappointing (sorry for eating while I type).
I thought I would wet your appetite with a new favorite:

2/3 c pure olive oil
1 c granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 1/2 t vanilla extract
2 T lemon zest (one large lemon)
2 T fresh lemon juice (no seeds please)
2 1/4 c flour
1 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1/2 c additional sugar for rolling
1/2 powdered sugar for dusting
Preheat oven to 375. Coat cookie sheets with olive oil cooking spray.
In a mixer bowl add olive oil, suagr, egg, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until well blended.
Drop by teaspoons or by a small cookie scoop into sugar and roll until well coated. Place on prepared cookie sheets. Bake 8 mins., cool on wire racks, dust while warm with powdered sugar.

Thanks Micki for a great lemony cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment