Thursday, July 9, 2009

GOT MILK? WHY HONEY?

Here it comes, another of my foodstorage classes...Saturday July 18 at 10am. If you email me I will send you the address.
I guess this class is for me since I really don't like dry milk. I will get out of my comfort zone and try new recipes (or old ones, using dry milk) and honey, but not always together. I will have a variety of milks to try (non fat dry milk, morning moo- milk alternative, boxed milk- in a variety of flavors) for whoever shows up, to sample. I promise i will not force you to drink anything you don't want to!
Now HONEY...I LOVE HONEY. I use it in a lot of recipes and it is one of those essential food storage items I have to have on hand. It stores FOREVER! Even if it gets hard and crystalizes, I can place it in a pan of hot water and melt it back down (and even boiled it all over my stove top- not fun to clean up!) I am not a perfect cook! I have my "Lucy and Ethyl" moments. I practice a lot too, I may even practiced on YOU!

I have a busy 2 weeks ahead getting recipes and information together for my class, a " 5 ingredient or 15 minute dish" for Enrichment night and a Chocolate cookoff (starring my Butt cake- see recipe below) and all the other mundane household duties.
If you have a great recipe using dry milk or honey, email it to me.
Why Honey, it's time we GOT MILK!

No comments:

Post a Comment