Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thinking about Christmas gifts?

Why not food storage? I know it sounds lame. I can hear the groans from my kids already. REALLY, Food storage makes a great gift, whether it is a can of an item, a case of toilet paper (not really FOOD, but you still NEED it), a 72 hr kit or a starter kit from the Dry pack cannery, it shows YOU care about whoever you are giving it to.
I have come to learn that Food Storage is NOT about food. It's about Obedience. How many times have we heard our leaders admonish us to "get our houses in order"? Hundreds, right? Do you think they want us to be prepared? We need to be self reliant because when there is a natural disaster, the church sends aid, but they cannot help every single person at the same time.
We should be prepared for not just the "major" natural disasters, but those little disasters in our lives, like unemployment, the loss of a spouse, a major injury, health issues, etc.
When my daughter left for college last year, I stocked her with a few cases of food and some supplies she might need. I know when her budget is tight, she has potato pearls, green beans, pasta, tuna and peanut butter. She has learned to make some pretty tasty meals! I haven't showed her how to make bread, YET, but so far she is doing great and hopefully FOOD STORAGE will always be apart of her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment