Sunday, March 22, 2009

Can Do Rolls

I recieved a faboulous roll recipe from a friend via Facebook. Thanks Pamela! My oldest daughter wanted a Homemade dinner for her birthday, and I know she loves rolls, so I tired the recipe last night. WOW. I was so happy they turned out. I even made cinnamon rolls with the leftover dough (I ran out of pans).
Pam called them Molly's Rolls, I call them CAN DO rolls, because now I can do rolls. I always hated making rolls, because they would turn out like hockey pucks.

1 c warm water
1 c warm milk (heat in the microwave for 30 secs. and let sit while the yeast bubbles)
1/3 c sugar
1 pkg yeast (2 1/4 t)
1/3 c oil
1/2 T salt
1 egg
about 4 1/2 c flour (I used 2 1/4 whole wheat flour and 2 1/2 white flour)
In mixer combine yeast, sugar and warm water, let grow until bubbly (about 5 mins). Add milk and mix. Mix in oil and egg. Slowly add 2 cups of flour, mix and add salt. Add 1/2 c of flour at a time until the dough comes away from the bowl. let rise in bowl for about 30 mins. Form rolls as desired and place on greased cookie sheets. let rise an additional 30 mins. bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 mins. Brush hot rolls with melted butter. This recipe makes about 2 dozen , large fluffy rolls.

**Note : I did not need to roll out dough with extra flour, as I made butterhorn shaped rolls. This dough was amazing!
Thanks Pamela!

1 comment:

  1. sweet!! I'm so glad they worked great for you. I'm all about and good!!
    I'm going to try and do the 1/2 and 1/2 next time.

    ReplyDelete