Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tools to use with your food storage

When you decide to start using wheat and other grains from your food storage, you need the proper tools. You wouldn't want to use a screwdriver to hammer in a nail , right? (Okay, I have tried to in my early years).
One thing I can't live without is a grinder. I use mine every week. I have a Whisper Mill and have had it for 8 years. It has a lifetime warranty! There are others on the market that are noisier and just as efficient like a Ktec Kitchen mill or the Nutrimill. My mom (the Martha Stewart of the West Coast) has a Magic Mill. If you are lucky to find a grinder for a good price, go for it! Make sure it is in working order!
My husband bought me a Ktec Kitchen Champ many years ago (He's the one that wanted ME to bake bread!). It has been a great addition to my "TOOLS". It has a high powered blender and mixer that I use for everything! It has attachments for crating too.
Tupperware's That's a Bowl...one of the biggest bowls made and works great to let my bread dough rise in.
The Pampered Chef stoneware loaf pans- I LOVE stoneware. I used to have these nasty bread pans that had seen better days and never got a very pretty loaf of bread from them. I'm sure you can still find them at DI! My stoneware bread pans are consistantly giving me awesome loaves of bread. The heat is conducted evenly. I have the name of a great Pampered Chef lady, if you are ever interested.

Those are a few things to start with, besides measuring cups and spoons.

Remember when your husband wants a new tool for his tool box, you need to tell him you need a new tool for your "Food Storage".

1 comment:

  1. I love your last line: "Remember when your husband wants a new tool for his tool box, you need to tell him you need a new tool for your "Food Storage"." My husband is always needing a new tool for something. But, I'm not complaining. His being handy around the house is great. But, this idea of "tool for tool" is a great way for me to get the tools I need to really use the food storage we have and motivate me to get and use more.

    ReplyDelete